Brexit poses serious problems for organisations who pass personal data between Northern Ireland and Ireland. DigiTorc are delighted to announce that together with InterTradeIreland we are offering FREE GDPR Brexit consultations. In case of a hard Brexit, sending staff or clients or potential clients etc personal data across the border could come with major penalties.
Businesses can apply for a 'Planning Voucher' – provides 100% financial support up to £2,000/€2,250 (inclusive of VAT) towards Data Protection advice to help businesses to identify GDPR Brexit exposure and to plan a response.
Are you eligible?
- Applications must be from an SME (250 employees or less) and Turnover < €50M (￡ equivalent)
- The business must have a satisfactory trading record (we reserve the right to request submission of Financial Accounts for the business)
- The assistance requested must relate to a Brexit issue
Brexit will be a difficult and lengthy process. Now is the time to get a plan for Data Protection in place, before action is required. Don’t under estimate how long becoming compliant con take. Contact us to discuss this further or download our white paper below.
Brexit and GDPR
How do Brexit and GDPR interplay and how can we mitigate risks?
- Where can my personal data go? GDPR & GeographyMuch has been written about the Brussels effect and how the EU is a regulatory superpower. This article is about a different aspect of European Data Protection law and geography: it is about in which countries European’s personal data can lawfully be processed by default. Introduction Once data has been collected in our globalised world, there is ...
- Brexit & International Data TransfersInternational data transfers from the EU EU data protection law has evolved to provides common standards for data protection across Member States. With that evolution the EU now expect “adequacy” of data protection laws from third countries which are outside the EEA. This expectation was codified in the Data Protection Directive (1995) which prohibited the transfer of ...
- European Data Protection and Data Privacy lawWithout doubt Europe is driving the emergence of Data Protection laws across the globe. This tends to be framed as a result of the introduction of GDPR. However as we have noted previously because of the two supranational legal orders in Europe, today there are two subtlety different laws governing data protection as well as data ...
- European supranational legal ordersThe mess of acronyms which denote various European organisations can be overwhelming. None more so that the legal orders and courts involved in European Data Protection. In this article we explain the origins and purposes of the two main courts CJEU and ECtHR. The big European institutions We discuss the two major European institutions: the European Union ...